Enquire about this course today
1. the strategic management process
- Overview of the Strategic Management lifecycle
- Understanding the role of strategic planning as just the first stage in Strategic Management
- The key reasons for strategic failure and how to overcome these challenges
- Key elements of the Strategic Plan: Objectives, Gap Analysis, and Critical Success Factors
2. application of the balanced scorecard
- Evolution and rationale of the Balanced Scorecard methodology
- The four scorecard Perspectives: Financial, Customer, Process, and Learning & Growth
- How to articulate good Strategic Objectives
- Linking Objectives to clear Measures and Targets
- Cascading the Balanced Scorecard through the bank
3. defining key performance indicators
- Developing SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-bound) KPIs
- How to build creative KPIs to quantify subjective criteria
- Introduction to the use of dashboards to present and monitor KPIs
- Introduction to performance assessment frameworks and linkages to reward and incentivisation policy
4. key strategic initiatives
- Defining and prioritising Key Strategic Initiatives from the Strategic Plan
- Translating KSIs into a tangible portfolio of Projects
- The importance and role of the Sponsor or Champion
- Breaking down organisational silos: Catalysing cross-divisional and inter-departmental cooperation
5. organising for change
- The role of the Strategy Committee and KSI oversight
- Using Process Owner Teams to effectively govern processes
- Developing and implementing an effective internal communication strategy
- Overcoming resistance to change through addressing the ‘People Side of Change’
6. principles of a good management methodology
- Developing a strong Project Plan with realistic milestones and deadlines
- Tools and templates for Project governance – budgeting, risk assessment, user assessment, and benefits delivery
- Establishing a Change Management function or centre of excellence
Who should attend?
The course may be of particular interest to those working in strategy, business planning , finance or marketing functions within a commercial bank. But we believe that “strategy is everyone’s business” so the course will be equally relevant for senior leaders, heads of business units and any members of a bank’s staff who are interested or involved in the formulation or execution of strategy. It will be useful for those in supervisory or executive roles, or in functional divisions or departments such as Retail, SME or Corporate Banking, Finance, Human Resources, Risk Management, IT, Operations or others. If you are asking yourself any of the following questions, then it is definitely for you:
- Why is it so difficult to implement our strategy, even though everyone agrees it is necessary?
- How can we translate high-level strategic goals into measurable targets and operational plans?
- How should objectives and targets be cascaded across business units and personnel?
- What tools could help us to implement to a high standard, on time and within budget?
- How can we evolve the organisational culture to make it less resistant to change?
Training needs analysis & post-training evaluation
To ensure that participants gain maximum benefit from the course, it is our practice to send a detailed questionnaire to all course participants to ensure we fully understand their specific training needs and objectives.
The completed questionnaires are analysed by the course instructor who will tailor the course content and style of delivery to the requirements of the participants.
Following completion of the course, participants are asked to measure and assess the effectiveness of the training. The results are collated and reviewed, and the analysis shared directly with the relevant client stakeholders.
- This is a three-day course totalling 21 hours of delivery time
- It consists of six tutorial modules of approximately 2 hours each (i.e. a total of 12 hours of instruction)
- A further nine hours of the schedule is dedicated to intensive group work and exercises, underpinned by case studies, all facilitated by the instructor
- All hand-outs and instruction will be in English; participants should have a good working knowledge of English
- The course is customised to the specific needs of the client, to ensure maximum relevance and benefit
- Ideally delegates should have at least three years experience working in a bank either in a general management or leadership role, or employed in a strategy or planning role. Basic familiarity with key concepts of strategy would be helpful
- Because the course involves participative group work on case studies, and considerable interactivity during tutorials, the number of participants is limited to no more than 20.
Tools, models & templates
Courses are supplemented with a range of practical documented methodologies, models, tools, and templates refined from best practice, and tried and tested in a range of leading banks. Participants can take these back to the workplace to adapt and apply, and wherever appropriate, to make a tangible improvement to policy and practice in their own bank.
This course includes:
- Step-by-step strategic planning guide
- Sample Mission and Vision statements
- Specially tailored Strategic Plan template and model plan
- Financial Forecast model
- Balanced Scorecard template
- Strategy Communications Planner.
Terms & Conditions
Total fee cost for the delivery of the three-day course as described is US$ 11,500 (eleven thousand five hundred United States Dollars). Courses are normally delivered on-site at the client’s location.
This is EXCLUSIVE of:
- Flights (discounted business class)
- Accommodation (min. 4ê) for every night required on site
- Local travel costs and subsistence; and
- Venue and equipment hire (if required) and materials production.
These additional items will be for the account of the client or, alternatively, we can provide an all-inclusive quote encompassing all expenses if that is more convenient.
GBRW Learning can also host the course at or near our London headquarters for an all-inclusive fee of US$14,500 + VAT. This includes venue and equipment hire but does NOT include the travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses of participants. Please contact us for revised pricing.
A 60% deposit is payable one-month prior to the scheduled course date, with the balance payable immediately following completion of the course.
Note: Discounts are available for multiple course bookings