In addition to courses including Customer Relationship in SME Banking; Treasury Operations; and Problem Loan Management, one of the most popular courses is the GBRW course in Small- and Medium-size Enterprise (SME) Credit Analysis and Assessment. GBRW has regularly delivered this course for the EBI since 2016.
This intensive three-day course is designed to provide lending and credit risk management professionals from a Egyptian banks with a thorough understanding of the essential principles of commercial and SME credit analysis. Tailored to address the needs and demands of lenders operating in emerging and fast-growing markets (that must cope with additional challenges stemming from a rapidly changing business and information environment) the course provided the delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the credit process, including gathering relevant information from customers, evaluating loan requests, assessing a company’s ability to service debt, and structuring loans.
The course included a pre-course training questionnaire; complete participant and Course Instructor manuals; a rich set of case studies and group exercises; and a post-course evaluation.
Development and delivery of a course designed to help participants to:
- Understand and discuss how a robust understanding of industry and business risks facilitate the assessment of management;
- Conduct with confidence and effectively coach junior staff members in performing credit interviews that facilitate efficient gathering of relevant information needed to make sound credit decisions;
- Effectively coach junior staff members on analytical techniques used to assess a variety of credit requests including working capital and medium term loans;
- Understand and discuss how the Direct Cash Flow Statement is used in assessing a borrower’s financing needs and ability to repay debt; and
- Understand, discuss and coach junior staff member how defining problem loans effectively facilitates identification and resolution.