GBRW was retained by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to develop and deliver a training curriculum focused on Out-of-Court Workout (OCW) strategies and tactics for bankers addressing Non-Performing Loans.
In close collaboration with IFC project team, the Consultant developed training syllabuses and materials tailor-made to the banking and business context of Lebanon and Jordan. The syllabuses and materials addressed the legal, accounting and financial aspects of the implementation of OCWs.
GBRW also delivered on-site workshops based on the materials prepared, including a role play based on real life case studies from similar economies. During said role playing exercises the participants used practical skills to achieve a successful OCW. In Lebanon, GBRW delivered two advanced one-day courses that provided a comprehensive overview of the principles used in successfully managing a multi-creditor out-of-court workout and highlighted the challenges and benefits associated with an orchestrated multi-creditor workout approach to resolving problem loans.
In Jordan, GBRW delivered an advanced two-day course that provided a comprehensive overview of the principles used in successfully managing a multi-creditor out-of-court workout and highlighted the challenges and benefits associated with an orchestrated multi-creditor workout approach to resolving problem loans. All programs were designed for banks officials and lawyers in charge of the various aspects of debt recovery. Because of the training, the participants acquired a theoretical knowledge on the advantages of restructuring loans, as well as a practical understanding on how to conduct these restructurings within an Out-of-Court Workout environment.
- Detailed Training Needs Analysis (TNA) for OCW programme;
- Developed and delivered detailed outline of the workshop with indications on logistical needs and pre-workshop reading material for participants;
- Developed and delivered detailed syllabus and 4 tutorial module training materials, including case studies distributed during workshops conducted in Lebanon and Jordan;
- Successfully conducted a two-day workshop in Amman, Jordan and two one-day workshops in Beirut, Lebanon; and
- Undertook a post-course evaluation and analysis.